What makes this girth amazing?
- Customer Reviews
The Shoulder Relief Girth™ actually changes the position and angle of the billets to prevent the saddle from interfering with the shoulder. The center of the girth is set forward to sit in the horse’s natural girth groove. While the sides of the girth are cut back to meet the billets 2 inches behind where the horse’s natural girth groove lies. This brings the billets from angling forward, to becoming perpendicular to the ground (in the case of a forward girth groove horse), which reduces the saddle’s tendency to be pulled forward into the shoulders. With horses that have shoulder interference without angled billets, it simply moves the billets back to keep the saddle farther away from the shoulders.
The secondary benefit to this shape, is that it is cutback at the elbows. This gives more room for elbow movement as well, and prevents galls in the elbow area.
The Shoulder Relief Girth also features:
- Intelligent looped billet keepers which remain low profile and are virtually indestructible.
- Available in sizes 18-34" for dressage and 46-56" for jump, with 4 different liner types (jump only offered in leather liner and white fleece liner).
- English leather girth body with stainless steel hardware
- Double center D ring with included (removable) leather strap for compatibility with any attachment.
- Our one-of-a-kind patented design (US Patent No. D843,666).
FREEDOM OF MOTION
Offset from center to buckles redirects the billet line to keep the saddle off the shoulders.
Peak pressure in regular girths is at the elbow. The cutback sides move girth away from horse’s elbow to alleviate this pressure.